Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Baby Cheeks: Good News!

We had the first of our 2 weekly checkups today.  I got there about 15 minutes early in the hopes that they'd get me in earlier.  It was a joke.  My 10:30 appointment turned into an 11:15.  Ugh.  I understand that doctors typically run late, and usually my clinic is really good.  I think that when you're going twice a week, though, patience runs thin.

Anyhow - the nurse took my blood pressure... she and I both know that it's been pretty high (sometimes frighteningly so).  She gave me a funny look.  I immediately thought that I was headed back to the hospital.  NOPE!  It was 136/90.  If my count is right, that's lower than it's been in almost 6 weeks!  Also, there was no trace of protein in my urine!

Baby Cheeks wasn't as responsive as we wanted on the NST, but that's pretty much standard at this point, so I got the go ahead to come back on Friday.  

It's such a relief to finally have a good report!  Now the challenge is to remember that my good report is because I'm doing things correctly and not use it as license to go back to running around doing whatever I want.  Except Halloween.  I want to see the kiddos Trick or Treat!  Anyone have a wheelchair I can borrow for the night? 

No comments:

Post a Comment