Friday, November 30, 2012

Relationships in the South

Last night, I read on Facebook that a friend (my BDB!) was at the Georgia Dome to watch the Falcons remind the Saints of their place in the world.  She mentioned that she and her husband's first date had been 5 years ago to watch the same two teams meet on the gridiron.

I laughed, because this weekend, the hubs and I had planned to have a night of chicken wings and Yuengling while we watch the SEC championship game and pull for our #1 team.
Go Dawgs!


It's a special night, because it was almost 3 years ago now - 12/05/09 - that he and I came face to face for the first time after somewhere around 9 years of separation.  We met at an uber classy restaurant to watch Alabama play Florida for the SEC title and began the journey that we've been on ever since.


I love you, Cameron.  Now and always.

I wonder how many other people down South have relationship milestones that revolve around football.  I'd guess a lot.  And that, my friends, explains why the SEC dominates.  Because it's all about heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment