Friday, December 28, 2012

I know him! I know him!

Santa Claus lives in my hometown.  No one should be surprised.  I've been saying for sometime that it's one of the best places to live.  This is just more evidence that I'm right.  You may think that Santa lives at the North Pole - He probably has a home there too, but I know that he spends most of his time in Georgia.

I've pretty much known him my whole life.  His family and mine attend the same church.  He is a father and a husband and now a grandfather.  He has a passion for his community.  I've watched him lead many charges that touched lives in ways that we'll never even know.  He was even my Sunday School teacher once upon a time.  He shows love to everyone that he meets, even when he's feeling less than 100%.  I'm not sure if he always knew that he was Santa Claus or not, but most children in this neck of the woods (including mine!) know that he is.

Last night, I took Bo to sit in his lap.  Unlike the phony Santas that you may see from Thanksgiving until December 25th, the real Santa - our Santa - takes his job very seriously year round.  Much like another man from a long long time ago, he is always ready to let the little children come to him.  He listens to them.  He sees them.  He cares for them.  Santa is jolly, but he's also joyful.  It radiates from him.  It is infectious.  It is the joy of someone who knows what the Christmas season is about.  It is the joy of a man who is celebrating the birth of Christ.  I hope to have photos of Bo sitting on his lap for many, many years to come.  

We love you, Santa, and we can't wait until the suit comes out again next year.



1 comment:

  1. Yea! So glad you got a picture starting from year one! -Polly

    ReplyDelete