Saturday, June 23, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up.

It seems like it's been weeks since I posted last - in reality, looks like I last posted three days ago.  Having Tyler and Destyni here makes the time fly by.  I am definitely NOT ready for them to head home tomorrow.  We won't dwell, though - lets jump right in.

Today was one of those days.  C worked open to close, so we entertained ourselves as best we could.  We went straight from our jammies to our bathing suits and then back into jammies.  Am I ashamed of myself?  Not in the slightest.  Well, I am ashamed that I didn't get any pictures of the swimming cuteness, but I couldn't resist splashing around with them while we were there. 

As Destyni points out regularly, I get more pregnant by the day.  Baby Bo becomes more and more active, and somehow, so do I.  I'm slowly decluttering my house and setting things in order - 15 minutes at a time.   

Nene went out of town, so we dogsat at the beginning of the week.  GusDog loves the kiddos and they love him.  I actually learned that putting a cranky child to bed can be made infinitely easier if you put a dog in bed with them.

NONE SHALL PASS.


With NeNe out of town, the kiddos stayed with some amazing girls and their mother who smothered them in love, pretzel goldfish, and fun.  I was reminded just how blessed we are (on the kid front and the friend front) when BJ told me that Tyler and Destyni were just no trouble at all.  Their manners and the fact that they play so well together mean that they are welcome anytime.  I'm so happy that Baby Bo will have them to look up to. 

BJ even took them swimming!!

I tried my hand at some creative methods of cooking the veggies that are starting to roll in.  The recipe can be found over on One Rad Mother's blog.  I highly recommend them.  She made hers on a nonstick skillet without oil.  I made mine in a castiron skillet with a bit of bacon grease.

I'm country like that.


As a special treat for me the kids, we stopped by the Dairy Queen last night.  They've started carrying chocolate soft serve, and I'm slightly obsessed.

Des was more than happy to finish my cone once I had done all the damage I could to the soft chocolatey goodness.

Just... cuteness.


I was asked last night for blogging advice.  I was amazed, because I'm really only about 15 posts in.  I have had amazing feedback and positive comments.  I'm more than slightly shocked that you all would be interested in my ramblings, but I'm really glad that you're along for the ride.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great week and survived all that sweetness. And a double yay for good extended families, like BJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, swimming with the dog. Looks it was a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there anything that a dog doesn't just automatically make more awesome? :)

      Delete