Monday, July 30, 2012

Consider me showered.

On Saturday, Cameron and his friend took the three kids to The Falls for the afternoon while Mom and Alice and I trekked into the big city {okay, fine - Smyrna - almost the city} for a baby shower of epic proportions.  I'll give warning here that I am seriously responsible for almost NONE of the photos that follow.  I was socializing. 

The baby shower was thrown by three of the most amazing and outwardly classy women that I have the priviledge of calling my best friends. {Outside of the public eye, there may have been some swigging of champagne directly out of the bottle, but I'll never tell.}  We've been thick as theives since college, minus a couple of dark periods.

Best hostesses ever.
{Photo courtesy of my sissy.}

There is so much that I could say about these ladies - but because I don't actually feel like crying tonight, I'll just say that I love them beyond measure and I'd be lost without them.  I could call any of them and they'd be wherever I needed them to be in 30 minutes less than Google maps says that it'll take.  They've loved me when I was unloveable.  They have allowed me to make mistakes and forgiven me with open arms when I realized that I was wrong.  They throw one heck of a shower.

There was delicious cake...

And delicious snackies that included two party trays of Chic-Fil-A - cause it's good chicken, y'all!


The decorations were beautiful, and I was particularly blown away by the diaper cake courtesy of that amazing redhead, EM.
She says it was her first attempt - I don't believe her.

I made almost everyone pose with me for pictures because pregnancy makes me sentimental - and because I have a blog to think of.  I haven't received all of them yet, so here are just a couple of my faves.

Poor Brandon was an awesome sport, even though he didn't know what to wear to a baby shower, and I don't think he liked being forced to rub the belly. Please notice the rocking necklace that I'm wearing courtesy of Four 37 Designs.  I'm obsessed with it.

Great photo of Aunt Juliet, my mom, and my mother-in-love.

I was blown away by the generosity of my friends and family and how much they already love Baby Bo.

I learned that you should always have 2 of the favorite lovey in case one has to go into the wash or gets left at Nene's house.  I might have talked to monogrammed monkey heads - don't mind me.


I can't begin to tell you what an amazing day it was or how much I appreciated everyone being there.  Guess I should stop blogging about it and write some thank you notes.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment