Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Does Everything Have to Have a Title?

It's been 4 days.  Tonight, we visit.  We visit with friends and family, and we tell each other that Gramma is in a better place.  We try not to feel guilty at the relief that comes from knowing that she is no longer trapped here in the physical realm with us.

Pregnancy has complicated this whole experience.  Hormones and a 4 pound person trapped in my midsection have made me extra emotional and just plain exhausted.  I was advised by the doctor on Monday to take it easy.  My blood pressure has been slowly rising for the last month or so, and while we are still in what they consider to be "normal" territory, as we approach the due date, we will be taking more precautions.  Most alarmingly to me was that the doctor now wants to see me once a week... for the next 10 weeks or until Bo decides to grace us with his presence.  Next week, we're slated to have an ultrasound and a non-stress test.  I can't help but think that this test is VERY poorly named, because even if you stick the "NON" in front of it, telling an expectant mother that she needs another test will cause stress.

Cameron will be with me, and that makes me happy.  I'm tremendously lucky to have him.  It may be a side effect of everything going on, but I feel completely out of control right now and terrified of everything.  He assures me that I am normal.  That worrying about whether or not you will be a good parent is pretty much a pre-requisite to being a good parent.  Let's hope that he's right.

My sweet sissy has been staying with us this week when she isn't out doing music teacher type things - sight reading songs with strangers for fun... seriously... sounds like a blast, doesn't it?  Anyhow, Aunt Juliet is suffering from seems to be enjoying an almost gravitational pull to my belly.  I'm slightly in denial that I am actually the size of a planet now, but it just may be because now that I think of it, Cameron is exhibiting similar symptoms.

I can worry until the cows come home, but one thing is for sure - this little guy is loved - now and forever.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you have your sister with you and such a great husband! I am also glad that your doctor is being so proactive as to want to watch you so closely. You are in my constant thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete