Friday, July 13, 2012

Finally Friday

The memorial service was beautiful.  Family was all together - I'm sure that it made Gramma happy to see.  People laughed together and remembered how amazing our stunning matriarch was.  I could have laughed more, but hormones being what they are, I cried like a baby through most of the service.  Ben spoke about what it was to grow up with her just down the road, and I felt that he hit it out of the park.  He said things that I would have wanted to say had I been able, and for that, I feel truly grateful.  Juliet sang beautifully and gracefully as ever.  Her song choice was perfect for the occasion, and it is always a treat to hear her sing.

Lunch was served at the church, and I know that I, for one, ate too much and laughed too loudly.  Post luncheon, the immediate family convened back at the farm.  Once the rain had broken and the escaped cow had been corralled, we made our way to the family cemetery, where we sang and prayed and placed Gramma lovingly with her husband, our daddies, and my sister.  We left her favorites, Brie and a Klondike bar, and ate the rest of the Klondike bars, knowing that for once, we wouldn't be reprimanded.  

State of the Mama (to-be!)
: TIRED.  SORE.  Like whoa.  Yesterday was a blur of activity, during which I positively refused to stay off my feet.  There were people that I wanted to talk to - face-to-face, not face-to-belly button.  There were hugs to be had.  People brought me drinks, and the ladies of FUMC-Rockmart hid me in the kitchen so that I could eat a second breakfast of coconut pie.  Despite everyone's good intentions (including my own), I collapsed at 4PM yesterday and am still not completely recovered.  I may have finally learned my lesson, though - Cameron has been instructed to remind me that I should sit before I hurt for the duration of the pregnancy lest I regret it later.  Sometimes I have to tell him what he should say to get through to me.  It works best for everyone.  

State of the Bo: 32 weeks down, 8 weeks to go.  Probably around 17 inches long and somewhere around 4 pounds.  Residing underneath my ribs, as usual - inhibiting breathing and making me generally uncomfortable.  Most active from 10AM - 12Noon and whenever I lie down in the afternoon.  

Things to Do: Stop by Goodwill and drop off bag of donations that has been lingering in my car for the past week.  Clean out car.  Wash Tyler's sheets.  Continue recovery so that I can be in top form when I pick up kiddos tomorrow.  Choose appropriate outfit for NWM's christening.  Get together names and addresses for family baby shower.  I'm cutting off the list here.  I could keep going - but I won't - because I'm recovering.  



2 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there with/for you, but I know that you know that my thoughts were there. Be careful - 32 weeks is like you could deliver any time time, and we don't want that as eager as we are to meet Bo. Glad you are coming tomorrow - can't wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that you were coming up for the christening!! SOOOO exciting! :) Can't wait to see you! :)

    ReplyDelete