Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Who's got my title?



It is amazing what good sleep will do for your mental state. 

Bo and I went for our weekly check-up yesterday.  You may know that I have been disappointed by pretty much every ultrasound that we have had, because he’s like a deer in headlights when they place that wand on my belly.  He freezes and backs away SLOOOOOOWLY.

Yesterday, though, he danced like no one was watching!  He wiggled and squirmed and reached for his toes and tried to get his hands in his mouth!  All the movement meant that the still photos were all a little blurry, but the little guy got 8 out of 8 points on his biophysical profile.  They measure muscle tone, body movements, breathing motion, and amniotic fluid volume.  Last week, we got 6 out of 8 – no breathing motions.  Laurie, the ultrasound tech, assured us that it was just a little early for him to be getting all 8 points, so we didn’t panic, but it was amazing to hear that he got all 8 points this time!

He’s already rocking the honor roll.  I promise not to put a bumper sticker on my car… yet.  :)

3 comments:

  1. So where are the new pictures?!?! -Polly A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're blurry! And I think they're at home... but I'll send you something by tonight. :)

      Delete
  2. Keep stocking up on that good sleep. You'll need every bit over these last exhausting six weeks. Bo is brilliantly awesome. Enough said.

    ReplyDelete