Tuesday, July 17, 2012

God is good. All the time.

Bianca wouldn't start this morning.

My heart stopped briefly this morning when I hopped into my car, turned the key and heard a click.  I tried once more, and still nothing happened.  I woke Cameron up, and he came out and tried.  Again - nothing.  So - I drove his car to work, and he'll call Mom and she'll come up and help jump it off.  Hopefully, it isn't anything serious.

Now - let me tell you how this turned into an exercise in thanksgiving as I drove towards the office.

I thanked God that Bianca didn't pitch her hissy fit yesterday while I was at work or during my late night trip to the corner store for No More Tears and Honey Nut Cheerios.  I thanked God for providing a loving husband to help take care of things like this.  I thanked God for my mother - who lives 5 miles away and is always happy to help.  I thanked God that I had planned to leave for work early, so this hiccup didn't actually make me late.  I thanked God that we are blessed to have 2 cars so that when things go wrong with one, it doesn't mean disaster.  I thanked God that Cameron's father answered the phone and backed up my highly speculative diagnostic.  I thanked God that this happened on a day when Cameron is off - so that he has the time to take care of it.

Being a believer does not mean that things won't go wrong.  We live in a world where it is a given that things will go wrong.  Faith in a loving God does change your perspective, though.  Faith takes the focus from what went wrong to what went right.  

God is Good.  All the time.


**UPDATED**

Cameron just texted to say that the car started!  All it took was patience, Coca-Cola, and jumper cables!  *happydance!*


**UPDATED X2**

Charge didn't hold.  Off to the shop.  Yargh.

No comments:

Post a Comment